No subject

Tue Nov 10 20:53:13 UTC 2009

cat /proc/asound/devices

aplay -l
aplay -L

(that's little ell and cap ell)

will show you what alsa is looking at HW wise.  I found a myth alsa article, or checklist, or something that was kinda useful.

My first problem was my kernel didnt recogonize the audio hdmi out.  but a kernel upgrade fixed that.  (well, the newer alsa in the newer kernel fixed it).

Then I had to find the right /etc/asound.conf settings, which was googling and trial and error.  In the end I have:

$cat /etc/asound.conf

pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "hdmi"
}

In myth, I have the audio device set to: "alsa:hdmi"

as an example (this is not my mythbox):
$ aplay -L
default:CARD=NVidia
    HDA NVidia, VT1708S Analog