[mythtv-users] internal player and h264 mkv files

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Mon Nov 16 07:49:46 UTC 2009

 On Sat Nov 14  0:52 , Taylor Ralph <tralph11 at yahoo.com> wrote:--- On Fri, 11/13/09, Marius Schrecker <marius at schrecker.org> wrote:

> From: Marius Schrecker <marius at schrecker.org>
>> Subject: [mythtv-users] internal player and h264 mkv files
>> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> Date: Friday, November 13, 2009, 5:25 PM
>> Hi,
>>

>>  Using the internal player and h264 mkv files, I get
>> unwatchable blocky playback. mplayer -fs -vo vdpau -vc
>> ffh264vdpau -ao alsa plays them back beautifully, but I
>> can`t use it with SG`s.. Does anyone know if this is a known
>> issue with the internal player?
>>

>Marius,

>Please try the patch attached to the following ticket and let us know how it goes.

>http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7454

>Regards.
>
>--
>Taylor

Thanks very much for the patch, Taylor.

I'd love to apply it, but am unlikely to have time for a couple of weeks, due to very low WAF of me messing about on Myth.

Will keep updating from JYA's sources, and add the patch when the wife goes on holiday for a few days, if nothing has changed before then.

In the meantime and as a workaround, I've migrated from SG's to local mounts, and will use mplayer as the default video player.

Cheers!

Marius

Marius