[mythtv-users] Overscan and MythTV (was Re: DB charset pre-conversion test failed! Your database seems to be partially corrupted.)

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Nov 16 14:32:31 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 23:45 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Understood, and there was just a discussion of this very idea in IRC a
> couple of days ago.

Heh.  Prompted by my postings or just coincidence?  :-)

> The problem is that some themes are designed such
> that widgets and areas that appear at some times line up with
> graphics/"holes" in the background.

Hrm.  I have to admit at being completely lost at this point.  :-/

> So, if the background is scaled to
> full screen size and the widgets put into a smaller window on top, these
> themes won't line up.

I can certainly understand what you are staying there, just not see how
that fits with your sentence above.  Maybe it's due to my complete
ignorance with regard to myth UI themeing and not important that I do
understand, just that I ack that there are exiting issues.

> How the UI experts will solve the issue is something I (admittedly about
> as far as one could get from being a UI expert) couldn't even guess.

Heh.  Me either.  :-)

> Some of the ideas mentioned were a theme-specified background color
> (that's drawn in a full-screen window behind the scaled
> background/widgets) or even a back-background image or just a
> theme-specified switch to scale the background independently of the
> widget area or ...

I am just pleased as punch that the issue is being recognized enough to
have started a discussion.  It gives me hope that it will be solved, at
least, someday.  :-)

b.