[mythtv-users] internal player and h264 mkv files

Taylor Ralph tralph11 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 15:13:33 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 11/16/09, Marius Schrecker <marius at schrecker.org> wrote:

> From: Marius Schrecker <marius at schrecker.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] internal player and h264 mkv files
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 2:49 AM
>  On Sat Nov 14  0:52 , Taylor
> Ralph <tralph11 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:--- On Fri, 11/13/09, Marius Schrecker <marius at schrecker.org>
> wrote:
>
> > From: Marius Schrecker <marius at schrecker.org>
> >> Subject: [mythtv-users] internal player and h264
> mkv files
> >> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> >> Date: Friday, November 13, 2009, 5:25 PM
> >> Hi,
> >>

> >>  Using the internal player and h264 mkv files, I
> get
> >> unwatchable blocky playback. mplayer -fs -vo vdpau
> -vc
> >> ffh264vdpau -ao alsa plays them back beautifully,
> but I
> >> can`t use it with SG`s.. Does anyone know if this
> is a known
> >> issue with the internal player?
> >>

> >Marius,
>
> >Please try the patch attached to the following ticket
> and let us know how it goes.
>
> >http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7454
>
> >Regards.
> >
> >--
> >Taylor
>

> Thanks very much for the patch, Taylor.
>
> I'd love to apply it, but am unlikely to have time for a
> couple of weeks, due to very low WAF of me messing about on
> Myth.
>
> Will keep updating from JYA's sources, and add the patch
> when the wife goes on holiday for a few days, if nothing has
> changed before then.
>
> In the meantime and as a workaround, I've migrated from
> SG's to local mounts, and will use mplayer as the default
> video player.

Marius,

When you do have time be sure to, as Greg suggested, try and change the number of VDPAU buffers since this also may be the root cause of your problem. This doesn't require compiling anything as 0.22-fixes and later allow this to be set in the filters section of playback profiles. Please reference the following ticket for an explanation of how to change the number of VDPAU buffers.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7405

Regards,

--
Taylor