[mythtv-users] Overscan and MythTV (was Re: DB charset pre-conversion test failed! Your database seems to be partially corrupted.)

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Nov 16 15:29:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 10:15 -0500, Johnny wrote:

> Not all of the background images would just be a generic abstract
> image. You can imagine a background that has sections or boxes as part
> of the background image, then the widgets line up with the boxes in
> the background image.

Ahhhh.  Yes, That is very clear now.

> Or some themers are looking into scaling the
> fanart to create the background image. The fanart would be scaled to
> fit into a specific area of the UI. So if you start scaling/moving the
> widgets independently from the background you would end up with things
> misaligned in all of these cases.

Yeah.

One interesting solution, which I think perhaps you mentioned would be
to take what is now the main myth UI window, which is scalable and has
to be fitted to the visible area of a given TV set and make that a
sepearate window laid over top of a new "root" window which is not
scalable and is always the same size as the screen and the same color as
the edges of the UI window so that they are seamless.

b.