[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend 0.21-fixes Segfault

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Nov 16 16:27:41 UTC 2009

On Nov 16, 2009, at 11:01 AM, Brian Long wrote:

> My wife said she was watching a program and the frontend froze.  This is my Zotac ION motherboard running 0.21-fixes + VDPAU patches (MePo-wide theme).  Even after I run "telinit 3" to kill X, etc. Xorg is taking 100% of the CPU.  I had to kill -9 it.
> Does anything pop out at anyone on what the problem could be?  This is not the first time something similar has happened with this ION-based frontend and I don't know whether to upgrade to 0.22 across the board or work out the bugs on 0.21-fixes first.

Nothing pops out, but I didn't look that closely... But I will point out that you're running a completely unsupported build there, which no MythTV dev is likely to care about fixing. For one, 0.21 is no longer the current release, and so far as I know, there are no plans to do any further work to fix any issues with it. Second, you've got the vdpau backport in the mix. If you want to have a prayer at this being fixed, you're going to have to upgrade to 0.22 anyway, so I'd upgrade and try to reproduce there. If its fixed, then party, if not, then at least you're running something MythTV devs actually care about fixing. :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com