[mythtv-users] San Jose/Bay Area Comcast Users, double check your Schedules Direct lineups

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Nov 16 17:12:49 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> says:
> Yeah, Re-add re-added them with every channel enabled.

It did in my case a few months ago when I had to do this to get a new
channel into the lineup, too.

It's not a problem for me; instead of enabling/disabling channels on
the SchedulesDirect side, I instead always a) hide channels as desired
on the mythbackend side, and b) run mythfilldatabase with
--remove-new-channels.

Whenever a new channel appears in the SchedulesDirect lineup--a pretty
rare occurrence, really--that I do want to add to MythTV I create it
manually in mythtv-setup in about 15 seconds. If my lineup were to
ever get many dozens of new channels at once as happened to you in
this case, I'd just run mythfilldatabase once without
--remove-new-channels then edit/hide them as desired.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array