[mythtv-users] Checking and toggling STB power w/6200ch.c and HD-PVR

Jay Broussard jaybroussard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 18:23:19 UTC 2009

My HD-PVR is connected to a Motorola DCH-3416 STB, with a firewire
connection for changing channels.  I'm successfully using 6200ch to change
channels.

I leave my STB on all the time, but I'm mindful of instances where the power
might go out, or when Cox might push some kind of update through that resets
the box...if I miss it and forget to turn it "on" I might miss a recording.

Is it possible for the channel changer to detect the power state and turn on
the box if necessary?  If not, is there another way to accomplish this?