[mythtv-users] Slow scheduling response

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 16 19:13:00 UTC 2009

On 11/16/2009 10:51 AM, David Engel wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 11:28:57AM -0600, Lane Roberts wrote:
>
>> I've got a fresh install of ubuntu 9.10 Server, running myth .22-fixes
>> r22824. Performance when adding or changing a recording schedule seems
>> extremely slow. In both mythweb and the program guide, saving a change
>> results in a 25-30 second wait, where mysqld spikes cpu usage to
>> ~100%.
>>
>> When I installed, I did migrate recording history and schedules. Am I
>> missing an Index on one of the tables? Does anyone else see the same
>> thing or have any ideas?
>>

> 25-30 second reschedules is not normal.  A missing or corrupted index
> could be the cause.  Backup your database and restore it.  If the
> problem persists, what does the output look like when you add "-v
> schedule" to your mythbackend command line?

And, if it is a corrupt schema (meaning missing indices), you may need
to do a partial restore.  To do this you'd backup DB, drop DB, create DB
with mc.sql, start mythtv-setup to create the schema (including the
missing indices), then restore only the non-recreatable data into the
new database.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup

read the instructions carefully and follow all of the instructions.

Mike