[mythtv-users] Checking and toggling STB power w/6200ch.c and HD-PVR

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 16 20:05:53 UTC 2009

On 11/16/2009 01:23 PM, Jay Broussard wrote:
> My HD-PVR is connected to a Motorola DCH-3416 STB, with a firewire
> connection for changing channels.  I'm successfully using 6200ch to
> change channels.
>
> I leave my STB on all the time, but I'm mindful of instances where the
> power might go out, or when Cox might push some kind of update through
> that resets the box...if I miss it and forget to turn it "on" I might
> miss a recording.
>
> Is it possible for the channel changer to detect the power state and
> turn on the box if necessary?  If not, is there another way to
> accomplish this?

I was planning to use 6200ch as my channel changing script, but got
turned on to MythChanger (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/majoridiot).  I
followed the README and compiled and it works very well.  It has a -P
switch which will power on the box if its off.  It might be worth taking
a look at.

Hope that helps.
Harry