[mythtv-users] jamu does not understand my TV series

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Mon Nov 16 21:19:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 14:31:46 -0800
Mitko Haralanov <voidtrance at comcast.net> wrote:

> I think I might have an idea of how to get jamu to look at the entire
> path without changing too much of the code and it's current operation.
>
> However, I can't test anything until the website comes back up.

Well, the website is still down so I haven't been able to test my
changes put I wanted to post the patch so people could start reviewing
it.

The patch should allow parsing the video filenames (including the
path name) in all the file organization formats that MythTV supports
(from here http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing). It first
tries to parse the filename using the default regular expressions
already present in jamu.py. If it fail, it tries one of the new ones.

Please, let me know what you think and also how I can have this patch
submitted?

Thank you