[mythtv-users] corrupted time table

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 16 21:57:36 UTC 2009

On 11/16/2009 04:14 PM, Stef Coene wrote:
> I don't know how to explain, but I have the feeling that the timing is corrupt
> when something is recorded.
>
> When there is a commercial, I jump with the arrow keys back and forward to
> skip all the commercials.  The first jump is normally a 1 minute jump but it
> jumps jump much more, like 2 minutes.  All following jumps are normal.  So
> only the first jump is more than 1 minute.  This is also after watching the
> show for a while, say 20 minutes.  The strange thing is that the timing
> information that is showed with the info button is correct.  It shows a 1
> minute jump, but in 'video' timing, it jumps more.

The time displayed in the OSD is an estimate and it's not always correct
(some of my 60-minute recordings show as being about 52 minutes long,
but they're actually about 60 minutes of playback).

Also, the seektable may not be correct during LiveTV or recordings in
progress.  If you enter playback after the recording finished, you
should get a valid seektable (again, note that the OSD times are
estimates).  If you don't, please see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable /

> Also, at the end of a recording there is also something wrong with timing.
> When 2 recordings are scheduled after each other and only 1 tuner is used,
> some video is missing.  When looking at the logs from the backend, the second
> recording starts right after the first recording ends.
That's the time taken to shut down the old recorder and then start the
new recorder (including all its initialization, such as changing the
channel).  Note that this is always done--even for back-to-back
recordings on the same tuner and same channel.

Mike