[mythtv-users] Mythvideo - old fanart not replaced by new

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 16 22:17:47 UTC 2009

Hi, got a question about mythvideo posters and fanart.

There are a few of my videos where I've been using a not particularly satisfactory piece of "art" as the backdrop for a while (I wrote my own script to trawl around various sites for fanart) but I've decided that rather than spend time on scripts it's better to stick with tmdb.pl and update TMDB. Which I've been doing assiduously over the last few days.

So for those videos where I've had unsatisfactory artwork I've been updating TMDB. And sure enough, running tmdb.pl -B <movieid> returns a URL which references my newly uploaded artwork.

The problem arises when I go into mythvideo, select 'Reset Metadata' and then 'Download Metadata'. The backdrop which appears is the OLD one - not the new one. I've even been into /var/lib/mythtv/fanart and deleted the files, reset the metatdata, and tried again. It still shows the old fanart. But I know for a fact that tmdb.pl -B is returning  link to the new fanart - which means mythvideo must still be using the OLD link. How can I clear the connection between my video and the fanart link I no longer want?

Thanks,

Mark