[mythtv-users] Big reinstall 2/ FC12 planned; repository advice needed

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 23:26:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 3:11 PM,  <stefan_jones at comcast.net> wrote:
> When I installed my MythBox, FC8 was in its prime. About two years back?
>
> Things have been running so well that I haven't been following this list or
> the Fedora forums too closely.
>
> Now, I'm about to install Fedora 12 and Myth .22. I'll keep my old partition
> structure.
>
> One of the things still looming on my mind are repositories. I recall using
> "atrpms" for Myth, and "livna" only for a few things like nVidia drivers and
> kernel modules. I recall running into repository hell trouble by installing
> too much from livna.
>
> I see that things have changed a bit. No more "livna," replaced by
> rpmsfusion.
>
> Anyone care to recommend a strategy for dealing with repository choices?

Others know more details about this, but I am pretty certain that you
do not want to enable both ATrpms and rpmfusion or you have a good
chance of installing conflicting packages.  I personally use ATrpms
because that is what I always used.  You can get your nvidia drivers
from ATrpms as well, which I have been successfully doing since I put
in an nvidia card years ago.