[mythtv-users] Database upgrade 0.21 -> 0.22: issue to avoid

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 11:31:26 UTC 2009

Sure, I am not opposing you on this, just relating my experience. Based on what you said, something must have gone wrong somewhere along the way debian-multimedia handled some prior update attempts. The only thing I can think now is that I tried to update once via apt-get, the schema version was most likely > 1230, but I went back to the backend that worked with my PVR500 (other discussion thread, root cause unknown but at this point, I don't care too much, I have a newer backend that will soon be put into production). And by downgrading again, I must have forgotten to restore some tables that unfortunately already contained new fields. I assumed that this would have been taken care of by the debian package itself :
- you upgrade OR downgrade your system via apt-get with a proper backup / restore operation. It does not look like it and this is most likely to be blamed on the debian-multimedia packaging, mixed with my naive assumption.

This was anyway worth mentioning, despite the noise it might have introduced on this list because I got to understand a few more things. So thanks for your patience :)

J.