[mythtv-users] no DVD drive found?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Nov 17 14:52:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 00:39 -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>   you're -sure- that the disk and the
> DVD are jumpered so they're not trying to be the same device?

Worth checking the jumper settings. Since this is my master back end and
I work during the day, it may be a few days before I have time to take
it down, disconnect all the cables, and open it up to check. I didn't
want to do that until I actually knew what I was going to be looking
for.

> (Yes, yes, I know, presumably the BIOS wouldn't see it either

Yes, that's what I would have thought. But there is obviously something
going on here that is beyond my limited understanding of how the
hardware works.

> Can you maybe put one of them on the other IDE bus (if your
> motherboard has two)

Only has one.

> , or try using a different IDE cable?

That I can also try, I have several spares lying around.

Thanks for the tips.

--Greg