[mythtv-users] ATI TV Wonder HD600 (from Woot.com)

Jennifer Mallorie jennifermallorie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:14:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Devin Heitmueller <
devin.heitmueller at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Jennifer Mallorie
> > Devin,
> >
> > I figured out to go into the Input connections and "bind" the card to
> > schedules direct like the HD homerun is.
> > I thought that fixed it. At least the tuner shows available now - but all
> > get now is pure static. Not even vague shapes of any images. I've swapped
> > cable from the HDHR to the ATI just to be sure it was getting a signal
> from
> > the antennae and still nothing but static. I'm not sure I have it set
> right
> > in the backend/capture card.
> > It defaulted to "Analog V4L"  but there are lots of options and I don't
> know
> > what any mean. I tried the USB but that didn't help.
> >
> > My husband set this up and he is not around anymore and I just don't know
> > this stuff very well.
> >
> > Can you tell me your settings?
>
> Well, if you are seeing static, let's start by seeing if the firmware
> loaded successfully.  Please send the output of the "dmesg" command.
>
> Devin

Devin,
I sent the dmesg output but it was too big and I got a message from the
moderator that said so. They might allow it through but don't worry about it
now. Paul suggested the DVB setting and that made it work.

Just FYI - I didn't have to change the audio or the "video scan" setting as
noted on your blog. Now that I re-read that they both mention analog tv. Is
over the air/antennae analog or digital? Must be digital.

Thank you so much for your assistance and time!

Jenny