[mythtv-users] Status on ticket #7522

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen jeppe at ingolfs.dk
Tue Nov 17 22:04:23 UTC 2009

Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ticket http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7522> "choppy playback on newdanish dvb channels" has status "infoneeded_new
>>  defect", but it looks like a patch has already been provided an several
>>  people indicate that it solves the problem.
>>
>> Is there a chance to get this applied to 0.22-fixes? Or will this need
>> to wait until a ffmpeg resync?
>>
>> I'm running minimyth frontends so to apply and build from source is not
>> that straightforward, but if there's a long outlook to get this fixed I
>> might have to bite the bullet :-)
>>

> I didn't look too closely, but if the patch is fixing a bug in the upstream
> ffmpeg,

I think it has been fixed upstream, the patch is just this fix applied
to the mythtv sources. Not that I think this will change anythting :-)

> it generally will have to wait until the next ffmpeg resync (you're
> always welcome to apply the patch locally to your source code tree
> before compiling) which probably would not qualify for a 0.22-fixes
> backport (if past experience is any indicator of future action).  So
> you're most likely to see it in a 0.23 release, AFAIK

Ok, thanks for the update. I'll try a final shot to get it included in
minimyth before rolling up my sleeves...last I tried building minimyth
it didn't go that well. But that's not for this forum I guess :-)

/Jeppe