[mythtv-users] Graphics card recommendation needed (regarding tv-out quality)

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 11:27:26 UTC 2009

2009/11/18 Mike Hoehn <bit at birnehh.shacknet.nu>

> Ian Clark wrote:
>
> > [NVIDIA 7900 GS]
> > Sorry if this is a little off topic, but how do you mean 'really bad'? I
>
> Colors looked like they were washed out. And bright colors all looked the
> same
> (sort of white). They were hard to distinguish. Apart from that the picture
> appeared to be smeary.
>
> Looking further it would appear I'm using a 7800GT, via svidio, and I'm not
experiencing anything like that, it's maybe a bit smeary, but not anything
worse than I'd expect. (ie, it's the slight disparity between the size of my
screen and my TV and I can't be bothered to fiddle with the overscan it's
that insignificant.)

If you want info on my settings to try before you drop cash on a new gfx
card, then let me know. :)

Cheers,

Ian