[mythtv-users] uPNP AV Media Server directory incomplete or corrupted.

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Nov 18 11:50:28 UTC 2009

> So, is there some way, similar to MediaTomb, to get MythTV to rescan and
> regenerate the information it presents to uPNP clients to force it to update
> things to agree with the other interface?

 The UPNP listings of recordings are generated on demand so when you make the request the info is looked up from the database. It's only the mythvideo content stuff that gets updated periodically rather than live.

> I've tried searching the web but haven't come up with much mention of the
> uPNP server function at all, except that it exists and a ist of software and
> hardware it works with (which includes the EVA700).

 It's a mostly unused function, mainly due to the fact that despite the name "Universal" it's anything but :)  Every client is looking for something different.
And of course it's relatively low usage by users makes it get a lot less attention.

You could do a packet cature of the upnp traffic when loading the list in your player and use that to verify if the recording was in the list that way. At least that's where I would start with it.