[mythtv-users] new server: schedules direct and scte65scan

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Nov 18 14:29:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Matt Beadon <matt.beadon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My confusion: there is no lineup at Schedules Direct that matches up very
>> well to what I scanned (SD + HD) on Comcast (digitized expanded basic)
>> scanned via my HDHR.
>
> In my experience the schedules direct list is a superset of all the channels
> you can receive.  I started with all of them enabled and then went through
> the schedules direct website and disabled all the ones I can't find with
> scte65scan.

I should point out that what scte65scan produces (at least for me in
my area) is a list of standard definition channels only.  There are a
bunch of high definition channels that are perfectly recordable by the
HDHR but won't appear in the scte65scan output.  You still need to add
these channels by some other means if you want your mythtv to see
them.

Eric