[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun & multirec

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Nov 18 14:35:40 UTC 2009

At 1:50 PM -0500 11/17/09, jansenj wrote:
>Multirec also helps if you schedule back to back recordings with
>"extend end of recording by x minutes".
>
>How does it help if you are recording two separate frequencies?

That was the OP's point: These are back-to-back recordings on the
same multiplex, and possibly even the same subchannel.

If I like to watch the Daily Show (11:00 Eastern) and my wife likes
to watch Colbert (11:30), and we both want to have the recording
start 1 minute early, then multirec allows this to happen. Without
it, I might miss part of Colbert's intro, because it was tacked onto
the end of my wife's Daily Show recording.

(OK, this is probably a bad example, since Comedy Central
rebroadcasts both of these programs at least a dozen times a day.)