[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun & multirec

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 14:53:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Dan Wilga
<mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
> At 1:50 PM -0500 11/17/09, jansenj wrote:
>>
>> Multirec also helps if you schedule back to back recordings with "extend
>> end of recording by x minutes".
>>
>> How does it help if you are recording two separate frequencies?
>
> That was the OP's point: These are back-to-back recordings on the same
> multiplex, and possibly even the same subchannel.
>
> If I like to watch the Daily Show (11:00 Eastern) and my wife likes to watch
> Colbert (11:30), and we both want to have the recording start 1 minute
> early, then multirec allows this to happen. Without it, I might miss part of
> Colbert's intro, because it was tacked onto the end of my wife's Daily Show
> recording.
>
> (OK, this is probably a bad example, since Comedy Central rebroadcasts both
> of these programs at least a dozen times a day.)

It would help me because on Thursday's I record 30 Rock, The Office
and Parks and Rec, and the last minute of every show is cutoff, so I
could use this to extend each one by a minute without causing
conflicts. I just need to find a window of time to actually set it up
and test it.

Tom