[mythtv-users] HD-PVR: Trouble Recording NFL Football Game in HD and 0.22

Derek & Cindi Cass cass at casscoenterprises.com
Wed Nov 18 15:06:35 UTC 2009

I was able to record the Patriots game this past Sunday in HD.  I set my
cable box to output 720p so that the commflag job can keep up with the
broadcast (more or less) as 1080i broadcasts take at least 2x the broadcast
time to run commflag.  It was pretty much smooth sailing for the entire
game.  I had 2 slight hiccups during the replay of the game and that's about
it.  I don't watch the game live but I do start watching the recording
before the game is actually over.

Have you gotten the latest firmware for the 1212?  Hauppage is on version
1.5.6 I believe.  I'm not sure how powerful a Core2Duo @ 3GHz is compared to
my AMD Athlon X2 5200+, but I typically am running at or less than 10% CPU
with VDPAU while recording and watching at the same time.  That's about 2.5%
for mythbackend and 6%-8% for mythfrontend; 30% seems a bit high so I'm
wondering if that's somehow related?

Do you have an up to date HDPVR driver?  I am running on Fedora 10, and the
HDPVR driver is included in the kernel.  I am running the most current
version of the kernel via the fedora rpm at 2.6.27.38-170.2.113.fc10.i686.

-Derek