[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.22 upgrade problems

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:37:03 UTC 2009

> No, I'm saying what I said before-- the URL that's being passed to
> mplayer (myth://Videos@192.168.1.142:6543/BEERFEST.iso) tells us that
> the metadata for the movie thinks it's storage groups hosted, which
> won't work in mplayer.  not coincidentally, ISO playback also won't
> work with the Internal player via storage groups right now.  Simply
> mounting the directories is not enough, you need to remove the video
> storage group and rescan with only the NFS mount (and a properly
> configured frontend setting pointing to that dir) to be able to use
> mplayer, or play ISOs with the internal player.

Read http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_.22_Transition_Guide. If you
set it up on the backend with mythtv-setup then you were setting up
storage groups. If you set it up in the frontend video settings then
you are using the local setup. If you setup both then the storage
groups will be given priority. You can completely remove the storage
groups and only use the local setup. Or you can make sure that your
folder with ISOs is not in the videos storage group and then setup
only that folder in the local frontend setup.