[mythtv-users] Recommendation for digital tuner for new mythtv system, UK freeview.

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Wed Nov 18 19:03:20 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 18:29 +0000, Richard Morton wrote:
> I have added it to the Wiki;
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI#Known_Issues

I don't like the wording at all as it is quite misleading.

In general I do not think that pages on the MythTV wiki about TV devices
have any reason for being. They are badly duplicating content that is in
the relevant place, the linuxtv wiki, the place directly linked with the
people working on the drivers, with all the up-to-date information and
with relevant references. If things need tweaking, modifying or
updating, it should be done on the linuxtv wiki.

I am very tempted to replace all the information about TV cards on the
MythTV wiki to simple links to the relevant page on the linuxtv wiki.
However, I do not feel that I should feel empowered to do such a drastic
change.

Opinions are welcomed, naturally.

Nico