[mythtv-users] Migrate old TiVo recordings to new MythTV box

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 19:59:22 UTC 2009

Here's an oddball question... has anybody ever had to migrate old TiVo
recordings to a MythTV box?

I know the basic theory of what needs to be done:

1) Transfer the files off the TiVo, either via the secret web
interface or by pluggin the disk into my TiVo box
2) Decrypt the files
3) Somehow make MythTV aware of these MPEG files

I can research these steps and publish them, but, like all my ideas
(the crazy ones and the great ones), somebody else on the internet has
already had the same idea and beat me to it.  So I figured I'd start
by asking.

(Searching for "convert TiVo recordings to MythTV" gave me a bunch of
links comparing and contrasting TiVo to MythTV).

--wpd