[mythtv-users] watching recording : sound but no voice

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:57:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Dan
<dansto.well+myth at gmail.com<dansto.well%2Bmyth at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> It's possible that some of the channels are being summed in antiphase,
> so that any sounds in the "centre" (equally panned between two
> channels) are cancelling themselves out. Not sure if that's likely in
> your setup, but it's commonly the case in music that the vocals are
> panned to the centre with other things slightly off, so summing in
> antiphase removes the vocals but leaves residual sound from the
> others...
>
> Dan

I think his problem is to opposite of this.  If the center information is
being split it would not be split out of phase unless there was already
center information in the sides.  In that case, he could unmute the center
and hear voice, but that is not what is happening.

If there is a simple asla.conf and alsamixer is set correctly, I can't think
of what else it could be.  Again, this is a analog output you are getting
and not digital out right?  The other thing you can try is hooking up
something to the center channel and see if that is in fact where the voice
has gone.

Allen