[mythtv-users] watching recording : sound but no voice

Guillaume Membré guillaume.ml at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 21:35:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Allen Edwards
<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Dan <dansto.well+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's possible that some of the channels are being summed in antiphase,
>> so that any sounds in the "centre" (equally panned between two
>> channels) are cancelling themselves out. Not sure if that's likely in
>> your setup, but it's commonly the case in music that the vocals are
>> panned to the centre with other things slightly off, so summing in
>> antiphase removes the vocals but leaves residual sound from the
>> others...
>>
>> Dan
>
> I think his problem is to opposite of this.  If the center information is
> being split it would not be split out of phase unless there was already
> center information in the sides.  In that case, he could unmute the center
> and hear voice, but that is not what is happening.
> If there is a simple asla.conf and alsamixer is set correctly, I can't think
> of what else it could be.  Again, this is a analog output you are getting
> and not digital out right?  The other thing you can try is hooking up
> something to the center channel and see if that is in fact where the voice
> has gone.
> Allen

You are correct, I just want analog output.
I delete my alsa conf, restart the computer : still no voice :(
I tried to plug my speakers on the other jack, but only the green one
give sound.
Mplayer plays the same file perfectly.
It is quite strange :(

I'll try with an other distro when I'll get time.

Regards
Guillaume