[mythtv-users] new server: schedules direct and scte65scan

Matt Beadon matt.beadon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:35:53 UTC 2009

> > Have you used the "-p" option?
> >
> > Desc:  In-band scan for SCTE-65 tables
> > Usage: scte65scan [OPTION]... [FILE]...
> > [snip]
> > -p      also scan for ATSC PSIP data
>
> No, I hadn't noticed that.
>
> But the only affect it seems to have is to print an empty table at the
> end of the run:
>
> PSIP channels
>   VC     NAME  FREQUENCY   MODULATION PROG
>

> No new channel information is included.

That's odd, when I run "-p" it gives me several HD channels for the
broadcast networks.  At least I think that's what they are, I only have an
SDTV so I don't include the HD channels in my lineup and I haven't scanned
for them recently.  Are you in one of the locations where comcast is
distributing the DTAs?  They started handing out DTAs in my area around
april and I've seen PSIP right from the start.

Matt