[mythtv-users] Jamu and wath recordings

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 01:56:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:

> For the issues described for "Grey's Anatomy" and "Grey's Anatomy HD", this
> is purely a case that Jamu does not parse the file name with the extra "
> HD", so that it cannot find a matching TV series in TVDB. You can deal with
> this by using a jamu.conf file (see the jamu-example.conf file for details)
> and adding a "Grey's Anatomy HD" entry in the "[series_name_override]"
> section.

Without detracting from your no doubt excellent tool, thats not
exactly 10 foot interface stuff!

If XBMC can't associate a file|foldername with metadata it pops up an
onscreen keyboard which allows you to edit the name. Excellent with
folder names like Dr.Who.HDTV.Nutter.720p.

Then if it finds ambiguous series/movies that match it will pop up a
dialog box allowing you to choose - eg

Battlestar Galactica 2004
Battlestar Galactica 1978

Any chance of a similar functionality (or maybe there is, I haven't
updated to 0.22 yet, but am following the jamu threads with interest.)