[mythtv-users] FC8 --> F12 Upgrade: MythTV doesn't work with LIRC anymore

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Fri Nov 20 13:22:29 UTC 2009

> Hello John,

> Friday, November 20, 2009, 9:08:37 AM, you wrote:

>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Andrew Junev <a-j at a-j.ru> wrote:

>>> Ummm, I don't have 8th page in Setup:General. It ends on the 7th
>>> page with "Automatically run mythfilldatabase" settings.
>>> I couldn't find anything LIRC-related in "General" at all...

>> The setting for LIRC Daemon socket is on page 9 of Setup:General, when
>> running trunk.
>> I don't think that setting existed in 0.21, though.

>> You can also tell lircd where to create that file using --output:

>> lircd --device=/dev/lirc1 --output=/dev/lircd

> I'm already doing that:
> LIRCD_OPTIONS="--driver=atilibusb --output=/dev/lircd"

> And /dev/lircd is there and is accessible:
> # ls -l /dev/lircd
> srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 2009-11-20 08:26 /dev/lircd
> #

>> Pretty sure "old" place was /dev/lircd, so starting up lircd like that
>> might make it work for you.

> Unfortunately it does not... :-(
> What else might be causing the problem?

Hugh, it's not only mythfrontend that does not work with LIRC after
upgrade to F12! I just realised mplayer does exactly the same, with a
similar error message:

MPlayer SVN-r29800-4.4.2 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

So it looks like only 'irw' is working with my LIRC. :-(
What do I do with it?!

I'm really out of ideas...

P.S. BTW, I sorted out the HDMI audio pass-through issue. I just
needed to unmute another S/PDIF output (somehow I got two of them in
alsamixer, probably one is on the back plane and another one is an
internal connector on the motherboard). Audio is working fine for me now!

--
Best regards,
 Andrew