[mythtv-users] One channel produces "killer" shows

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:01:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Kevin Bailey
<ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org> wrote:
> I have a weird problem that I haven't seen any mention of.
> I can play shows from all channels except for one - CBS.
> I thought I just had one bad recording but I've learned
> that all recordings of all shows on the channel are "bad".
Are you receiving your shows OTA in the greater Boston area?  I was
playing with my television the other day and changed to channel 7-1
(which, I figure has a 1/3 chance of being CBS), and saw a prerecorded
message explaining that channel 7 had changed frequencies and that I
should do a rescan.  I did that, found channel 7-1 again, and disabled
the old channel 7-1.

--wpd