[mythtv-users] Poll: Anyone NOT experiencing >10% cpu in the menu on 0.22 ?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:02:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 16:28, jansenj <jansenj+myth at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, as the Subject says, this a quick poll for those of you who have 0.22
> installed.  (I'm especially interested in those that are ubuntu based).
>
> Who has a "normal" working 0.22 install and only sees 0-2% CPU utilization
> when sitting idle on mythfrontend menu screens.  If this describes the
> behavior of your install, could you help me out in giving a short
> description of your system.

Hm, I'm actually surprised I don't see an issue:

MythTV 0.22 (actually, SVN trunk updated and fully recompiled
yesterday afternoon)
GeForce4 440MX
1920x1080 resolution
AthlonXP 2800+  (which I think runs at 2.08 GHz or something)

I'm in the process of rebuilding my system on Slackware 13 ("free
time?" what's that?). I tried with the Qt painter and OpenGL painter,
and both the Terra theme and Blue-Abstract. I get 0% CPU usage under
all the combinations, as reported by htop, while sitting on the main
(first) menu.

Going to the Watch Recordings screen makes the CPU usage jump (heh) to
1% :)  (after the screen has finished loading, of course ;-) )

I wish I could leave the OpenGL painter enabled, since it is pretty,
but it's too slow on this card at this resolution.... sometimes...
other times it's great... but that's an issue for another thread... :)

aaron