[mythtv-users] FC8 --> F12 Upgrade: MythTV doesn't work with LIRC anymore
a-j at a-j.ru
Fri Nov 20 15:08:52 UTC 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009, 5:01:16 PM, you wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 8:22 AM, Andrew Junev wrote:
>>>> The setting for LIRC Daemon socket is on page 9 of Setup:General, when
>>>> running trunk.
>>>> I don't think that setting existed in 0.21, though.
>>>> You can also tell lircd where to create that file using --output:
>>>> lircd --device=/dev/lirc1 --output=/dev/lircd
>>> I'm already doing that:
>>> LIRCD_OPTIONS="--driver=atilibusb --output=/dev/lircd"
>>> And /dev/lircd is there and is accessible:
>>> # ls -l /dev/lircd
>>> srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 2009-11-20 08:26 /dev/lircd
>>>> Pretty sure "old" place was /dev/lircd, so starting up lircd like that
>>>> might make it work for you.
>>> Unfortunately it does not... :-(
>>> What else might be causing the problem?
>> Hugh, it's not only mythfrontend that does not work with LIRC after
>> upgrade to F12! I just realised mplayer does exactly the same, with a
>> similar error message:
>> MPlayer SVN-r29800-4.4.2 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
>> mplayer: could not connect to socket
>> mplayer: No such file or directory
>> Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.
>> So it looks like only 'irw' is working with my LIRC. :-(
>> What do I do with it?!
>> I'm really out of ideas...
> Output of...
> rpm -qa lirc\*
> ...please. I'm wondering if your lirc packages aren't quite in order after the big upgrade...
> My F12 frontend where everything is working just fine:
> $ rpm -qa lirc\*
> If you have anything different than that, I'd yank all the lirc
> bits currently installed and reinstall them.
I thought about it too!
I had some old LIRC-related packages left from FC8. So I removed
everything related to LIRC (including the new .f12 packages) and then
reinstalled LIRC again. My 'rpm -qa |grep lirc' gave me the same
output as above - only the new packages.
Though, the problem was still there.
Then I decided something could be wrong with '--output' option of
LIRC. So I removed it, leaving just:
I restarted LIRC and made a symlink:
ln -s /var/run/lirc/lircd /dev/lircd
Just tried it with MythTV and ... IT WORKED !!!
I really don't know why "--output=/dev/lircd" does not work as
expected. Maybe it's a bug in LIRC, or maybe it has a real reason to
be like that. Anyway, letting LIRC create default device and then
symlinking to it seem to solve the problem!!!
A new issue is there though: each keypress on my remote now makes a
double action, for example a single press of "Down" key in the menu
moves the cursor two positions down. I think I had such a problem some
years ago when I was starting to set MythTV up for the first time. I
don't remember what was the reason for such a behavior exactly, but
I'll have a closer look at my lircd.conf file. I think the answer is
somewhere close now.
More information about the mythtv-users