[mythtv-users] Key mappings for EPG

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 20 18:43:53 UTC 2009

On 11/20/2009 12:45 PM, Yeah Right wrote:
> Is it possible to remap the M key in the EPG (channel select) for the
> P key without changing the global Menu = M setting in the keymap.
>
> I have a Harmony One remote and want to be able to use the Play key to
> select the channel when the EPG is displayed.
>
> The current use of the M key isn't any good for my setup.

Yes.  I plan to modify MythControls to allow you to override global
bindings through the UI.  Unfortunately, now, you can't really do that.

So, the only way to get the behavior you want is to manually insert a
keybinding for the 'TV Frontend'  context and the action 'SELECT' and a
keylist having the key 'P'.  Note that you'll also need to set the
appropriate hostname.

I highly recommend just adding 'P' to the keylist for the Global-context
SELECT since TV Frontend isn't only the EPG.  So, assuming default key
bindings (make sure you change the hostname appropriately):

cat << "EOF" | mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg
INSERT INTO keybindings
VALUES ('TV Frontend', 'SELECT', 'Select',
        'Return,Enter,Space,P', '<your hostname>');
EOF

Mike

Important note: Your mailer is sending out messages to the list as
multipart/mixed--allowing it to send both an HTML and a plain text view
of the message.  Ideally, it would only send plain text, but for those
who send HTML, sending multipart/mixed is appreciated.  Unfortunately,
your mailer includes 3 different alternatives to the text/html version
(all text/plain), but all 3 alternatives are blank.  I had to work to
find your question.  You may want to report this issue to GMX.com or,
better for us, ensure you only send plain text e-mails to the list.

Or, more simply, this is what people see when you send e-mails through
GMX.com: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/409261#409261