[mythtv-users] What flavor of Linux are you using?

Ian Forde ianforde at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 22:48:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 14:54 -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Mine's bigger. Or something. :)

Heh heh... let's see...

> First recording: Monday October 6th, 2003

First recording: Tuesday April 29th, 2003

> That actually pre-dates Fedora Core 1, was still running on Red Hat Linux 9 back then. Running Fedora 12 right now. Currently running the 0.22 packages I maintain in RPM Fusion, but I routinely switch to svn trunk packages I build locally.

Yep - I was running RHL 9 back then.  That was bold... I still remember
having the tower PC sitting next to the old rear-projection TV...
<shudder> - Having tried Freevo, I took a look at Myth and stayed...

> /me waits for the "mine's even bigger" posters, I know there are a few of you out there...

And my first post? May 22, 2003... wow...

Oh - and I'm running CentOS 5.3 (yes - haven't gone to 5.4 yet) on my
MBE, but just switched to Ubuntu 9.10 on my FE this past week.  I'm
contemplating switching the MBE to Ubuntu after separating out the
non-myth parts onto CentOS VMs that I have yet to create on my VM server
boxes...

And yes - my S1 Tivo finally died a few weeks ago after 6 years of
side-by-side operation with Myth and 8 years of almost continuous
operation...

	-I