[mythtv-users] One channel produces "killer" shows

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Sat Nov 21 01:26:09 UTC 2009

On 11/20/2009 10:04 AM, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Kevin J. Cummings
> <cummings at kjchome.homeip.net>  wrote:
>> Yes, Channel 7, WHDH, NBC, was having problems with viewer reception in
>> some areas on the frequency they were using (VHF 7), so they went back
>> to they frequency they used during the analog/digital simulcast (UHF 42).
> ok, I'm curious... how do you know that?  Do you work in the industry,
> or is there some mailing list or web resource dedicated to propagating
> such information to the 17 or so folks outside of the industry who
> might be interested in such information?

avsforum.com has forums for OTA reception for every TV market in the
nation.  Just find the thread for your city/market, and you can tap the
knowledge and wisdom helpful people willing to share their expertise
with you - even if you think there is only 17 of them... :-)

Seriously, if your interested in improving your reception of OTA TV,
it's a great resource - people can tell you what antennas work in your
area and why, what stations are hard to receive and why, etc.