[mythtv-users] .22 menu left arrow exit: Bug or Deliberate choice?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 04:59:34 UTC 2009

> I noticed a few oddities. No Delete Recordings for example . . . I see that
> this is a redesign side-effect and may come back. (I hope so.)
>
> The really annoying thing, and I can't find a bug report for this, is that
> left arrows no longer exit certain menus. Play Recordings and the search
> program menu, most noticably. I have to use Esc.
>
> I'd sign up for Trac and file a bug, but I want to get a dist of what people
> thing of this. Maybe it was a deliberate choice?

This has been talked about in 3 or 4 threads over the last few weeks.
The new MythUI allows themes to place widgets in arbitrary
arrangements. This means that using the left and right keys to
enter/exit menus is not longer possible. Changing it back to the old
way would put an arbitrary limit on how themes can arrange things. The
'Esc' key and 'I' function just as the they always have for the
purposes you mentioned. So to clear this is not a bug but a conscious
design decision to enable richer themes.