[mythtv-users] remote frontend and jpg vs png

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat Nov 21 11:27:29 UTC 2009

On Saturday 21 November 2009 06:52:18 scram69 wrote:
> I was struggling for a while trying to understand why, following my
> upgrade to 0.22, that I could no longer see any channel icons and most
> of my movie posters on my remote frontends.  It finally dawned on me
> that the few images I can see are all .png, while all of the images
> that are not visible are .jpg.  Has anyone else noticed this?  If this
> is a new "feature", can anyone recommend a utility to convert all of
> my .jpgs to .pngs?

I'm a developer using Qt and from that perspective I once had the same problem:
Qt has built-in PNG support, but for all other image formats, it needs to load
plugins, e.g. all in /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/imageformats/

Where I had a problem was when Qt could not find the plugins (although this
was a special case in my devloped app)...

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at