[mythtv-users] MythTV logo

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Sat Nov 21 12:47:46 UTC 2009

* Johnny Walker <johnnyjboss at gmail.com> [2009 Nov 21 06:32 -0600]:
> Your states vanity plates database - ie: what's available - is
> probably available online. It was in my state.
>
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 9:07 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>
> > On Friday 20 November 2009 18:38:10 Joe Wilson wrote:
> >> Reading this post and thinking to myself, "now see what I started"
> >> LoL
> >> Here In Oregon U.S. we are allowed from 1-6 characters on our license
> >> plates.. a space and
> >> hyphen are also exceptable..  numbers before letters are not...
> >
> > So "MYTHTV" would be allowed? I wonder if anyone has it. I would
> > have tried
> > for it if it were a legal plate here.
> >
> > I wonder if there's a national license plate database, come ot think
> > of it
> > there probably is, but it's probably restricted to law enforcement or
> > other "official" uses.

In Kansas the Vanity plates have been unique to each county so it was
possible to have 105 plates of the same letter number combination (up
to six, I believe) with the only difference being the two letter county
designation sticker.  No longer.  Legislation enacted last year now
limits a unique combination to the entire state.  A lot of people will
be losing their vanity plates.  I'm sure this was a move to simplify
things for the DMV and law enforcement. but it's going to cause the
state to lose a bunch of revenue at 50 bucks a pop when a number of
people opt to go back to a regular plate.

My amateur radio callsign is on my pickup which costs a whole $1 extra
per year.

- Nate >>