[mythtv-users] OT: Nokia N900

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 16:15:21 UTC 2009

Interesting stuff.

I would think it is fairly trivial to hack the code to a) open a menu of
front ends on startup
b) open tv guide not live tv when selecting live tv
c) instead of starting local playback (through program guide, mythmusic or
mythvideo) connect to remote frontend using telnet and starting playback
And then a little less trivial d) create an on screen remote control for
remaining functions

Even better would be to enable local and remote control paradigms...

This would take this interface way way beyond mythtomer which from what I
remember was a simple remote control interface on a tablet which doesn't use
a tablets strengths or able to show dynamic content on the tablet.

There of course would be other work, but this would be soooo cool.

Unfortunately that post is 2 years old and I am on a mobile device, is the
project still active?

Please excuse brevity and mistakes, this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Morton
07899750400