[mythtv-users] OT: Nokia N900

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 18:08:27 UTC 2009

2009/11/21 aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com>

> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 09:58, Richard Morton
> <richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Aaron, can you send me the link to the nokia n8x0 interface you are
> using?
> > Vcan you browse the epg on the device without referring to the playback
> > screen?
> >

> Hi Richard,
>
> I haven't actually used it myself, but I think this is what I was talking
> about:
>
> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=18270
>
> I looked into it at one point, but I think it required Qt and MySQL to
> be installed, plus a list of other stuff a kilometre (I'm Canadian ;-)
> ) long. I had my doubts it would fit well in the device's limited root
> FS, and I still haven't been brave enough to try cloning the OS to an
> SD card.
>
> As far as I understand it was a port of the "true" interface...
> meaning it would function as a distinct frontend, presumably trying to
> display the video locally on the device. Around the time I got the
> device I thought it would be cool to have an interface that could be
> run on the device to select a recording (or whatever) and then have it
> play on the main TV frontend, similar to what someone (you?) outlined
> a little while back.
>
> aaron

It was a port of the frontend to the N8x0 (Maemo4), with the required
dependancies, but no plugins such as music or video.

It works great actually, even video! Doesn't use much space up either.

the only real issue for me was that all my recordings needed to be
transcoded down to play on the tablet, and that mad them look crap on the
telly!

Gaz