[mythtv-users] OT: Nokia N900

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 19:32:56 UTC 2009

Yeah, it would need on the fly transcoding to the right size and codec for
the device requiring extension tot the protocol and much backend work I
would think.

Changing it to be a control interface would appeal to many more users (I
would think) and would meet many of the design goals of mythwebmote that was
proposed a few month ago (disclosure: it was proposed by me and others).

Taking .22 porting it to maemo which is also qt based I believe and
disabling local playback until the backend supported the required onthefly
transcoding and updating it to support control rather than playback....

Is the developer of this maemo port on this list?

Please excuse brevity and mistakes, this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Morton

On 21 Nov 2009 18:08, "Gary Dawes" <gary.dawes at gmail.com> wrote:

2009/11/21 aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com>

> > On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 09:58, Richard Morton > <
richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote: > > Aaron, ...
It was a port of the frontend to the N8x0 (Maemo4), with the required
dependancies, but no plugins such as music or video.

It works great actually, even video! Doesn't use much space up either.

the only real issue for me was that all my recordings needed to be
transcoded down to play on the tablet, and that mad them look crap on the
telly!

Gaz