[mythtv-users] 0.22 - lirc and ctrl-esc or alt-esc not working

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 01:42:40 UTC 2009

2009/11/20 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 11/19/2009 06:18 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> looking for a little help with getting lirc to send ctrl-esc or
>> alt-esc to MythTV. both work fine from the keyboard, and irw shows the
>> button from the remote is working, but from within MythTV I can't get
>> either to get Myth to pop up the shutdown/reboot menu while it works
>> when using the keyboard.
>
> In your lircrc, are you using:
>
> config = Alt+Esc
>
> or
>
> config = Ctrl+Esc
>
> and with
>
> prog = mythtv
>
> (I doubt it would work with irxevent or whatever)

Mythcontrols recognise the Ctrl+Esc as Ctrl+Ctrl+Esc for me. I think
this issue relates to the changes Daniel made to lirc event handling,
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/19499.

To be honest I forgot I was having this problem, I mentioned it to
Daniel and meant to look into it before 0.22 was cut.