[mythtv-users] Why does mythtv responds to lirc when in the background?

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Sun Nov 22 02:13:20 UTC 2009

David Smiley wrote:
> Hello everyone.  I have the latest 9.10 based mythbuntu based setup with an lirc configuration copied from my previous setup which was based on the http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/  (FC6)
> There are a couple problems I have with my setup:
>
> 1. mythfrontend doesn't respond to my remote control for the first two minutes or so from having launched it.  The keyboard works.  This isn't a big deal but is odd; it wasn't like this on my former setup.  When I look in  mythfrontend.log I see that mythtv successfully initializes LIRC right away on startup.
>
> 2. I have recently been having fun with Boxee to get content that I don't get on cable.  However if mythfrontend is still running (in the background of course), it responds to all of my remote control presses.  How shall I go about troubleshooting/fixing this problem?

LIRC input is not inherently focus aware. Whether or not an application
responds to LIRC input sent (based on lircrc's porg) to the application
depends on the application.

I use Hulu Desktop. I launch it using the EXEC action from a Myth menu
item. I launch it using EXEC as Myth ignores LIRC input while something
launched using EXEC is running.