[mythtv-users] 0.22-fixes livetv -- skip back broken

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 22 05:43:33 UTC 2009

On 11/21/2009 10:51 PM, sdkovacs wrote:
> I'm using 0.22 fixes from ATrpms, outputing via Nvidia 8400GS VDPAU.
>
> The skip back button does nothing in livetv but works perfectly
> (rewinds 5 seconds) in watch recordings. I apologize in advance for
> watching livetv, but there's football on now.
>
> Is this a known bug with livetv?

H.264 output?  This could easily happen due to the lack of a seek
table.  IIRC, for H.264 recordings, we're not sending seek table updates
to the player while recording because they caused more problems than not
sending them (so we're relying on the libav* seeking, which isn't as
accurate and might not work with such a small skip).

Mike