[mythtv-users] OT: Nokia N900

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Nov 22 05:58:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, it would need on the fly transcoding to the right size and codec for
> the device requiring extension tot the protocol and much backend work I
> would think.

Of course, this would be generally useful beyond the scope of cell phones.

I'd imagine that many people have some HD capable front ends and some
front ends which are SD only.  Being able to transcode HD down to SD
on the fly would be good in these situations.

Eric