[mythtv-users] mythtv + LIRC: how do I send more than one action with one button press ?

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 11:06:10 UTC 2009

Hello,

I configured lircrc with what seemed the most relevant to my needs.
However, I cannot seem to easily figure how to send more than one action per button press :

I have a power button on the remote that triggers mythfrontend if it is not running (via irexec and a small home made script that checks process IDs).

When in mythfrontend, I would like the power button to send a jump-point, namely ALT+M which I configured to jump back to the main menu, followed by M or Escape. The latter would then provide a menu asking whether I want to close, reboot, shutdown, etc.

In the LIRC doc, I read that one could add a "\n" between two config actions, e.g.:

config = ALT+M\nEscape

but this does not seem to be understood by mythtv.

A program like mplayer DOES understand the \n.

Is this missing in mythtv ? or is there another mechanism ?
I also tried to fiddle around with some "flags" and "mode" contexts in lircrc, as described in the LIRC doc. But the result was similar: mythtv does not seem to care about these more advanced lirc configurations.

Is there a detailed lirc howto for mythtv ? lirc provides this advanced configuration scheme, so it would be very nice to benefit from it in mythtv.

Thanks for help.

J.