[mythtv-users] Multytenne Dish and MythTV 0.22

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sun Nov 22 14:02:35 UTC 2009

Jos Hoekstra wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've been looking for some time to install a satellite dish to receive
> some FTA. I was recommended the multytenne dish(1) because it offers
> me a relative small dish but still the possibility to tune to 4
> satellites. The only information I can find about it in combination
> with MythTV is that there were some problems but also that things
> might have changed with 0.22.
>
> I'm looking for experiences other users have with this dish and would
> like to know if it works ok now.
Well, I for one have been dying to get FTA feeds into my mythbox, since
there's content on the wild feeds that's simply not available anywhere else.
The big problem I've not been able to solve is the program guide data.
Myth really needs that to work properly.  To the best of my knowledge, that
data isn't available anywhere.   A potential workaround might be to
locate individual channels that might be carried by other services, and
add that channel
data to your scheduler data, then change the database to record using
the proper source, but it's too kludgy for my tastes.